Turnkey Lab Construction
Multiple Lab Working Areas
Micro Biology Lab
Welsh Water Turnkey Laboratory Installation
Recently we completed a new major laboratory project at Welsh Water in Newport, this old call centre was transformed into the new head office for Welsh Water. This meant a large undertaking for the InterFocus team. The project included new fume extraction systems, laboratory working areas, specialist gases as well as a cold room.
The large project gave us plenty of scope to transform this old, tired space into a place the workforce would enjoy and appreciate. We were hoping to create a head office which would make the workforce excited to come to work everyday – vital in the important industry of water testing and proofing.
Creating a safe working environment was at the centre of what we hoped to achieve in the Welsh Water laboratory. We helped to develop the site so the workforce was afforded a space in which they could carry out important water testing tasks in complete safety. We started from the very base of this project, completing tasks such as plumbing – creating a more well-rounded and better-planned project from day one.
Main Scope of Works>
- Manufacture and installation of laboratory fixed furniture and IPS unit
- Installation of a cold room
- Installation of Fume Cupboards and Extraction including fume hood and flexible extraction arms
- Class 2 safety cabinets
- Installation of vinyl flooring with acoustic underlay
- Installation of coved flooring up the plinth
- Supply and installation of fresh air and air conditioning systems
- Specialist Gases including: nitrogen, argon, helium, oxygen and compressed air