South East Water
Laborastory Refurbishment and Fit Out
New Laboratory Facility
Processing of Raw and Potable Water Samples
Welsh Water Bretton
Welsh Water is owned by Glas Cymru which was formed to own, finance and manage Welsh Water. Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water provides an essential public service to both businesses and householders and the Welsh environment. It has a large capital investment programme which so far has been over £3 billion since 2001. Welsh Water is quite unique in that it is a private company but with no shareholders, it receives no support from the Government and raises its finance on the capital markets.
The requirement was for a new laboratory facility, located within the existing Treatment Works Main Building, currently used as office accommodation. The new facility was to be used to process raw and potable water samples, necessary to meet the requirements of the drinking water regulatory compliance.
Main Scope of Works>
- Strip out
- First fix installation of Mechanical, Electrical and Air Handling Equipment.
- Installation of new Suspended ceiling at 2990mm.
- Manufacture and installation of laboratory fixed furniture and IPS unit.
- Installation of Office Furniture
- Installation of a cold room
- Installation of Fume Cupboard, Autoclave Hood and Media Prep Hood Ducting.
- Installation of solid and half glazed partitions, with laminate doors
- Installation of Vinyl Floors
- Installation of coved flooring up the plinth
- Installation of Fire Alarms and Smoke Detection Systems.
- Installation and commissioning of Laboratory Instrumentation.
After Completion of the Bretton site works, the following year we were asked again by Welsh Water to provide new facilities at its main site. This was a much larger turnkey laboratory project than Bretton and was in access of £1M+. We have since carried out many other turnkey laboratory installations for other companies in the water industry such as South East Water amongst others.