Cambridge Research Facility Turnkey Project
New Research Facility in Cambridge | Turnkey Laboratory Project by InterFocus
The InterFocus team has recently completed a new major laboratory project in Cambridge. This project was to provide a new facility in an existing, unoccupied building. The full turnkey solution included building works such as the installation of a new mezzanine floor to house the plant room and office areas.
Managing the project from start to finish, we were able to ensure a consistent level of quality throughout.
A new server room was built to house the data servers, this had its own special cooling equipment to keep the room at a constant temperature. This was a vital part of the project, ensuring the room provided a reliable setting for the all-important servers.
Fume extraction systems, laboratories, installation of specialist gases including storage, full M&E design and installation, a complete security system and building management solution.
In addition, we built an explosion-proof Chemical Storage building which had blast panels incorporated to release explosive energy and protect the fabric of the building.
Project time scale was 26 weeks. Project value £1.5m+
The project comprised of
- Full design and install including M&E, laboratory facilities, Mezzanine Floor, Office Space, large plant room, meeting rooms, dedicated server / comms room, chemical storage.
- Installation of Mezzanine Floor
- Internal and External building works
- Liaise with Building Control and local planning authority
- Manufacture and installation of laboratory fixed furniture and IPS units.
- Supply and install Fume Cupboards and Extraction systems.
- Installation of new laboratory grade vinyl flooring with acoustic underlay
- Supply and installation of Fresh Air and Air Conditioning Systems.
- Specialist Gases including: nitrogen, argon, helium, oxygen and compressed air along with suitable safe storage areas outside.
- Complete electrics and Data installation
- Bespoke external chemical storage building with explosion protection, approx 2000 sqft in size.
- Installation and Commissioning of a building management system coupled with a comprehensive security and fire alarm system.