Rockwood Pigments Laboratory Installation
Rockwood pigments is a leading producer of inorganic pigments. Rockwood was recently acquired by Huntsman which is the second largest producer of iron oxide based colour pigments in the world.
A complete laboratory turnkey project for one of the UK’s leading pigment manufacturing companies. Following a serious flood at their site, they contacted us with a design to provide five laboratory areas on a rolling program to ensure the manufacturing facility was not compromised during the refurbishment. Time was of the essence as this was a fully operational production facility.
After initial discussions with the client, we produced a feasibility study and budget estimates for their insurance company. Once approved by their insurers we could put the design proposal into action. Working with key team members at Rockwood a plan of action was produced detailing the time scheduling for each phase and the order priority of each of the five departmental areas.
The project comprised of;
- Initial Client Feasibility Study and budget estimates for insurance purposes.
- Project Management.
- Supply and installation of Fresh Air and Air Conditioning Systems for all areas.
- Installation of suspended ceiling and lighting throughout
- Installation of a ceramic tiled flooring throughout the laboratory facilities, ceramic tiles were chosen due to the nature of the pigments they work with some of which are oxide based, ceramic tiles would fair better with spillages of these type of pigments.
- Tape and joint of existing walls which were damaged in the flood, re-plastering and then full decoration was provided throughout the building.
- Installation of all mechanical & electrical services throughout the 5 laboratories.
- Installation of partition walls to create the individual laboratory areas with the building shell.
- Installation of fume cupboards, Nederman arms and extraction system.
- Manufacture and installation of laboratory furniture, colour coded for each laboratory work area.